Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sleeping...

Last night Kueffer was somewhat challenging. He was spitting up, generally grumpy, and we could tell he was just so tired! Michelle was putting him to bed, and he fell asleep on her, then she gently stood up, and her ankle cracked. Just a pop. But that was enough to wake him up. Ugh!

We alternated rocking him to sleep, and changing him, etc. Finally I got him to fall asleep on me, so I gently took him to the crib...where he promptly woke up and started squirming. I thought, "well, I'll just lay him down and pop in the pacifier and see what happens." So, I did that, and put both of my hands down where he can grab them. He still squirmed a lot, but wasn't angy or anything, so I stood like that for probably 10 minutes. He eventually quieted down and fell asleep again.

My first thought was that there's no way this will stick, but I was going to go downstairs and get some work done until he wakes up. He stayed asleep, starting at 11:30 PM.

Michelle and I both woke up to him crying through the monitor around 6 AM. SIX AM!!!

Michelle and I both needed that "full" night of sleep, and evidently Kueffer did, too.

No comments: