Friday, November 7, 2008

Ummm!


Kueffer had his 4 month pediatrician visit on Wednesday. Everything went very well! Once again, Dr. Espe confirmed that we have a very active baby boy- gulp! and that he looks great- duh! :) He has grown 6 inches since he was born and weighs a healthy 15 lbs. 12 oz. The Dr. said that Kueffer can now have rice cereal. I don't know how I feel about this...this is a sign that he is becoming a 'big boy' and Dr. Espe could tell- said that they seem much bigger than a baby once they start eating 'real food'. Sigh...


So...we introduced Kueffer to rice cereal mixed with diluted apple juice last night. He did not really go for it. Lots of 'yuck' faces! Today, I tried again. Seemed much more into it today. Okay, so maybe he was more into the 'cool spoon', but whatever! He did a bit better- definitely wearing more than was eaten. Perhaps the timing of learning how to 'raspberry' along with learning to eat was not the best...

2 comments:

Mama McShortie said...

I put off "real" food for our little girl as long as possible! Partly because that meant she was growing up, and partly because of the mess factor! Wait until you hit carrots!

Rebounding said...

I don't think we can do carrots...as it stands now, I can come home and put on a white t-shirt and I don't care if he spits up on me or if I spill milk or cereal...now, adding a food with color? I don't know how to handle that!!!!